Wednesday, April 14, 2010

One of those days, complete with a flying television set

Today was definitely one of those days...the kind of day that you forget about because they're so few and far between, and just when one of those days has become a distant memory - BLAM - it's back!  I woke up to a stuffy nose (allergies) and the pinging of my iPhone letting me know that I had a message, and then another message, and another message. It seems that my son was having some financial problems (small) so I mapped out of plan for him, and thought I could get on with my day until I found out that the front wheel of the van was screeching.  The van went to the shop to be accessed, and then I started the laundry.  I had a moment to grab a bite to eat, and to enter some sweepstakes when hubby came home and said that he thought that he ran a red light and will be waiting to see if he gets something in the mail.




Hubby went back to work, (he's self-employed - so that means he's usually in and out a lot just so that he can bug me), and then while I'm in the garage attending to laundry I hear an earth shattering noise in the house.  What was strange was that when I went to open the door to find out what happened, the door didn't want to open.  When I finally got it opened, I find out why.  Our 100 pound dog was trying to get out to the garage where I was.  Puzzled, I looked around and saw the television set upside down on her dog bed.  I checked her out to make sure that she wasn't hurt, (she was fine) and then determined that she had somehow got wrapped up in the cord, and pulled the set off of the television stand.  While I consoled her, and scolded the television, I moved the stand, and set the TV back up -- which still works!



Then the mechanic called and said that the van was ready.  I did some more planning with my son, and got things worked out with him, and after giving the dog lots of pats and treats, I realized that the one good thing out of the day was that the dog wasn't hurt.  My son's problems will always exist, but he can learn how to manage them, cars will always need to be repaired, and television sets can be replaced, but pets can't be.  This is my lesson for today, focus on what's important, and let the small things go.

1 comment: